Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beginning a new path...

Wow, I haven't written a blog in YEARS. Not since I lived in Florida anyways haha But my lovely "future" sister in law talked me into it (or as I would say, "pressured" me lol j/k) I'm not even sure where to even begin with all of this or what to say. I used to love writing...it was sort of a release for me I guess you could say. But with it being years since I have last written anything, I'm not entirely sure where this will all go. We'll just have to wait and see :0)

As most everyone knows, A LOT has changed for me within the past 3 years. I hit a rough patch in my life a couple years back, but eventually I finally found my way and I could not be happier. I went to school, met new people, and met an amazing man in my life....who is now my fiance. Meeting him was the best thing to ever really happen to me. I know a lot of people say the same exact thing when they meet someone new, but for me I truly do mean it. I was depressed and going through a hard time in my life and getting to know Leo "brought me back to life." I've become really close with him, closer than I have ever gotten to another guy. He became my best friend, basically the only person I could ever truly count on in my life, besides my family of course. I have never in my life been so comfortable with someone...I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for finding him :0) So these days, we've been trying to plan our wedding. Which at times is VERY stressful...but its all coming together beautifully! We've actually put a hold on the planning though, at least until we find out whats going on with family situations and personal matters. I pray that everything works out and we can get back to planning again!

As for the school situation....I ended up dropping out of that because I came to realize that being a surgical technologist just wasn't for me. I couldn't handle it, I was having a hard time with it all and then when I needed someone to talk to about it....teachers were quitting, director was ignoring phone calls and then retired. Just a bunch of bullshit and I couldn't handle it anymore. I know I upset a lot of people (my parents mostly) but it was something I had to do. I wasn't happy and I had no motivation to continue going. So after I pay off loans and get settled with Leo after the wedding...I'm planning on going back to school and getting into something that I know I truly want to do. What that something is, I really do not know. Hopefully I can figure all that out when the time comes, which I'm sure I will.

I believe I have rambled enough for one blog...especially being my first one. Now its a test to see if I can actually keep up with this thing haha

2 comments:

{connie} said...

hey there sis!!! i am so proud of you and excited at the same time. you did it, you finally did it! thanks. i am concerned though about what is going on with family and personal matters that is putting a damper on your wedding plans. gotta email me or send me a message. hope everything is ok. please let me know if there is anything i can do. love and miss ya tons!!! *hugs*

wendylu said...

hey u. i am soooo happy to see that you have started a blog. It took me a while too. Connie just pestered me too lol. It has been a good thing. I can't always keep up but I love it. Hope everything is ok. Let me know if there is anything i can do. good luck and can't wait to read future blogs!!